I'm not from a small town and I've never experienced the awesomeness of the small town festivals. With big hair and carnies who could go wrong right? wrong. Well Friday things were good we hung out with friends walked around town made out a little then watched a movie and did homework. Saturday started out good with the parade and visiting family but come evenings things started to get weird. Adam's 10 year reunion was canceled because the class officers really didn't want to do it so a girl Adam knew threw together a shin dig in her back yard. I was excited to meet everyone but (you may know the story of the other girl of the summer of 03) I was afraid it would be awkward. To fill you in, Adam's ex-best friend was sure that they were supposed to get married and she hasn't gotten over it. That doesn't bug me but it's really hard when all of her old friends are my new friends so they were all trickling over to visit and she severely avoids me. Anyway it was an awkward situation and I hate awkward situations. I don't care if she is around I just hate that she has to act so weird plus could you imagine being Adam and having your best friend of 8 years talk to you like a stranger? Then we went to Chews to make cobbler and a lot of our friends were grumpy. The only saving grace was visiting with the Whites (our nephew and niece in-law) We (along with Chew) stayed up until 3 talking like the good old days of college. Sorry about the vent, it just made Adam feel like crap which in turn pisses me off.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Peach Days and Drama
I'm not from a small town and I've never experienced the awesomeness of the small town festivals. With big hair and carnies who could go wrong right? wrong. Well Friday things were good we hung out with friends walked around town made out a little then watched a movie and did homework. Saturday started out good with the parade and visiting family but come evenings things started to get weird. Adam's 10 year reunion was canceled because the class officers really didn't want to do it so a girl Adam knew threw together a shin dig in her back yard. I was excited to meet everyone but (you may know the story of the other girl of the summer of 03) I was afraid it would be awkward. To fill you in, Adam's ex-best friend was sure that they were supposed to get married and she hasn't gotten over it. That doesn't bug me but it's really hard when all of her old friends are my new friends so they were all trickling over to visit and she severely avoids me. Anyway it was an awkward situation and I hate awkward situations. I don't care if she is around I just hate that she has to act so weird plus could you imagine being Adam and having your best friend of 8 years talk to you like a stranger? Then we went to Chews to make cobbler and a lot of our friends were grumpy. The only saving grace was visiting with the Whites (our nephew and niece in-law) We (along with Chew) stayed up until 3 talking like the good old days of college. Sorry about the vent, it just made Adam feel like crap which in turn pisses me off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sorry Friend
oh hey! i'm so glad you have a blog again! e-mail me your e-mail address and i'll add you to ours! ashleeh5@gmail.com
ps SO jealous you went to peach days. i wanted to go so bad! stupid being busy!
pps we should go to dinner with our men sometime!
I'm glad I saw you from across the road! I don't know if I would enjoy a high school reunion to be honest. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.
Everyone was grumpy because I left (OK, I know the truth is it was Luke, not me, but I feel better.)
Post a Comment