Sunday, November 23, 2008

Help. Adulthood has stolen my friends!!!

Everyone always complains about people getting married and suddenly vanishing. This is not the case because it was after I got married that I made a lot of the close friends I have today. I really blame the vanishing friends act on adulthood. I have notice that lately (especially in the last year) that one by one friends are flaking out for one reason or another. For some, having babies has made them unable or willing to do the fun crazy stuff we used to plus they go home early. For others it is a crazy work schedule, moving, or even finding other friends that are in a time in life more like yours. I even have a friend who is enclosed in what I call "the camp posse" that excludes the outsiders. There are still a few that will still plan parties but they end up having a lot of no shows. What's happening? Is everyone just too busy for their friends? It really bugs. Adam and I love to socialize but we have been really bored on the weekends lately. Is this what it means to be grown up? If so I opt out.


MISSING: If found send them back to Neverland. We love you and miss you.



5 comments:

Rob Morris said...

Amen, sister! After being in such a good mood, I've been thinking about throwing a birthday party in a couple weeks, but I hesitate because I doubt anyone is going to show. I know we're all busy with work, school, and families, but I think we could all use some friend time.

Gombessa said...

Yeah, I totally understand. It was hard when most of our good friends all went north to USU when we went south to Cedar City. It was fun seeing friends whenever we came up north (like you guys!!) or if anyone traveled south. It's hard especially now, when we've moved away from EVERYONE, and have literally had to start over with a new batch of friends. I don't think the bond with these friends will ever be a strong as some friendships we made at CEU, just because of the circumstances involving those friendships.

We will be coming out in December, and I know that Jeff and I would love to see a a bunch of friends while we are out there, but we also realize that the holidays are family time, and most people may not want to meet up with us. But we shall see how things play out. We will let you know what our plans are, and if there's time, we'd like to meet up with you and Adam, and maybe get a bunch of people together!

tnralvords said...

You guys can always come over and play. We know we have a family and crazy friends, but your always welcome to come hang out.

Julie said...

Are you kidding? We totally were flakes before we got married or had a kid! :) According to Adam I was busy making out with everything that moved! When are you coming down to visit? We do mostly NOTHING on the weekends and would call you to hang out.. but we always assume that you are busy with other friends. You know what they say about people that assume. They sit at home alone on the weekends with a screaming two year old. :( Please come over, we'd love to have some friend time!!

alohareynolds said...

AMEN, CASSIE!!! This is EXACTLY how I feel!!! Well, you can always hit up me and Nate (even though you haven't met him yet) and we could all play!!!