Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What happened to Thanksgiving?


If you know me, you know that I am the biggest Christmas fan in the world, but what happened to Thanksgiving? The day after Halloween I noticed more than one Christmas tree glistening in the front room windows in the nearby neighborhood. It's funny because I get a lot of crap for keeping my Christmas up until Jan. 6th. (but that's advent day, part of Christmas) Calm down everyone and enjoy Thanksgiving. We will have plenty of time for Christmas magic later this year.

4 comments:

GQ Monkee said...

Amen. I propose we support a "One Holiday at a Time" movement.

Rawlings Family said...

I'll join that movement.

alohareynolds said...

AMEN SISTA!!! I totally understand how you feel- I personally love Thanksgiving and yes- IT NEEDS A CHANCE! I REFUSE to put my Christmas stuff up until after Thanksgiving... But I do have to admit, I already have my Christmas stuff moved from our storage to the spare room... That's just because I don't want to haul it out when the snow hits!

Marci said...

Cassie, I'm so glad you posted a comment! I was totally thinking of your situation when I wrote that. It's important to grieve over your loss, and it's important to move on after a time. I'm glad to see that you're feeling better about everything.