Friday, December 26, 2008

Divorce makes Christmas tricky.

If I have learned anything in my young life it is if you have kids, never get a divorce. I have also learned that holiday post end up being really long so if you're not completely bored or extremely interested in my life you may want to come back later.
When you get married you have to combine two families into one and you have to decide who you will visit on which holiday. When your parents are divorced you have to add yet another family into the mix. It makes things very complicated. Adam's family has learned to have their Christmas party ahead of time to avoid such problems which made things easier. To see my family I had to split them up. Mom Christmas Eve, Dad Christmas Day, which left us with nowhere to sleep. Our only choice was to drive to Salt Lake Wednesday, home that night and back up Thursday. Luckily with Adam's mad driving skills and by just taking it slow we managed through the blinding skating rink. It was great.
Christmas Eve like I said before was spent with my mom's side of the family. I am severely Swedish and so Christmas Eve ends up bigger than Christmas itself. Highlights include lots of disgusting food, foreign music and dancing. I love it and will probably always keep it in the family.

Christmas morning is always fantastic with Adam dragging me up at the crack of dawn. who needs kids when I already have one. It's always a good day when you have cookies for breakfast.


Later we went to my dad's. We just relaxed and hung out with a lot of people I don't know. As long as things are calm I'm good and it's kind of cool getting to know my dad.
It took us 4 hours to get home that night but we are the adventuring type so it was kind of fun in a scary way.

Snow was a lot more fun today though......


It's official my little sis is preggo with #2 due in July

No comments: