Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Who slipped me the Prozac?


For the past 4 years I have been fighting being a sour patch kid along with being killer angry at my parents. I don't know what it is lately but I can feel myself finally clawing my way out of the funk. I wake up in the morning and I'm not only surviving but I'm really happy. Don't get me wrong I still get upset but overall I'm happy. With this whole new outlook (get it), I've been able to laugh more. I see a lot of people taking life way to seriously and I want to jump in and yank them out of but I truly understand that you have to pull yourself out of those situations. This is it. Our one life and I plan on really living it; the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Speaking about ugly, I feel like a complete ugly duckling. Not only do I need to get in better shape but I have decided to grow my hair out. This time I will succeed!!!!! but I just hit that really horrible medium phase where it looks like you really need a haircut. I also haven't colored it since before Thanksgiving and because I went dark, my roots look like I'm growing white old lady hair. And then there's the teeth..... I love using whitening products but when you have braces you can't use them or else you get these ugly squares on your teeth when you're done. I'm going crazy. Not only do I look like I'm 12 but now they are ugly yellow with weird gapes in them.

Here is my new additions (these aren't my teeth) More rubber bands to fix my overbite. Luckily this time I wear them on both sides so my OCD isn't bugging me anymore.

This is what I get to look forward to in 5 weeks. They are called Power Chains and they are used to close the gaps. I'm really hoping that will be the last step and I will maybe get them off for my birthday in April.

Today I bought the February issue of my favorite magazine and to my surprise they wrote an article just for me!!!! The article is entitled When Your Friends Start Having Babies.

Here is a small sample: "You knew life would drastically change for your friend the second she became a parent. What you might not have accounted for was the fact that your world would also suffer a blow." It was really helpful. If you feel you are in the same boat you should definitely read it. It is on page 158 of the February 2009 Cosmo.

And as you may have guessed.... A monthly present that comes along with what Tampax calls "Natures monthly Gift". (this is not my test pictured either)

Today I learned in abnormal phys. that back in the day when women would get a little nutty,they believed that their uterus wandered throughout the body looking to conceive. That is where the term Hysterical came from. Maybe that's what is wrong. Uterus come back!!!!!!

3 comments:

tnralvords said...

Thanks for the laugh, atleast you are keeping us entertained right, cause we aren't you? I am glad that things are getting more positive for you. I hear you about the braces though, hopefully you will get then off soon. Also, when I saw your hair it looked good. Or maybe it is just after three kids, anyones hair looks better than mine. I have always thought that your hair was cute though.

Gombessa said...

I'm glad you are starting to feel better, you totally deserve it! I don't think you look like you are 12 with braces, and it will be so worth it when you get them off!! I'm trying to grow my hair out for the first time ever (I've always had it shoulder length or shorter), and I'm so frustrated with it I just want to chop it all off again, but I'm trying super hard not to. So I know exactly what you are going through! Hang in there!

Adam and Cassie said...

Randa- I don't think it's a mother of 3 thing, I think it's a woman thing. Every girl wants hair that's not her own. Thanks though.