Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Have I said too much?

I've always believed in being real. Society paints a picture of unattainable perfection. I don't know why so many strive for it. People fail and get depressed. Instead of letting it go they dope themselves up on Celexa and keep chasing what made them depressed in the first place. The reason I bring this up is because lot of people (especially those with kids or pregnant) have been acting really awkward around us lately. I been told that it is hard to be around us because it's like everyone's been walking on eggshells. I never meant for it to be an attack, just peep hole into a real life. One where there are loads of happiness but also a lot of slit your wrists down times. So have I said too much? I don't know, you tell me.


Speaking of saying too much...
Be careful what you say around little girls. My nieces (ages 4-10) have been coming up to me lately and commenting on how thin I look. I heard my sister in law talking about it once then her daughter said it to all the cousins which now that's all I hear. I'm not that skinny so I don't know where this mess started from but please be careful what you pass on to the next generation.


As for family news...
Introducing Riley Micheal
our nephew's (Joshua) baby


Our other nephew Brian just annouced he's getting married on our anniversary!!!

Indy decided to have a party without us (AKA get into our wrapping closet and eat everything). We were very disappointed that we were not invited.


5 comments:

Julie said...

You have not said too much. It's good to know how you are feeling. Sometimes I try to be careful not to say something stupid, because I know what it is like to want a baby so much. That doesn't mean that I don't want to hang out with you or that I don't want to know how you are feeling. You are fabulous and it's awesome that you are always so real.

Also, that's sad about the little girls caring about weight so much. It's hard to always watch what I say around Kylie. Yesterday, we pulled up to Sonic to get some food. She was in the back of saying the F word. Oh.. crap. Here we go.(That has nothing to do with the weight thing.. but do I really say the F word? Where did she get that from?)

Also, this is turning into an email worthy length. We never crashed your house last week. I sent you a message on Facebook but didn't hear back. When can we come see your place? I don't think we have anything going on this weekend, what are you guys doing?

Jenny Bay said...

You definitely have not said too much! I am sorry people are weird and awkward around you, I think it is such a tough situation because when you have not experienced a miscarriage, you really have no clue how hard it can be. I know that I was definitely like that - you feel bad for the person, but it is so hard to know what to say and how to not make them feel bad, and it just turns into an awkward situation all around.

Which is WHY I think that you are so good to be so honest in sharing your feelings and experiences. Miscarriage and problems with infertility are SO common, yet so many people really have no clue how it is to go through something like that.

I recently had a miscarriage, and you know, it's HARD. Especially when SO many people are pregnant right now, many who are due the same time I was supposed to be due. It's hard to read blogs and things and hear these women complain about pregnancy woes, when they should just be happy about being pregnant, right? While you can't expect people to really understand how you are feeling if they have not been through a similar situation, I think it is so good that you are honest and real about it.

My heart goes out to you and I hope that people can learn to be kind and sensitive to what others are going through. I hope this isn't too scattered and makes sense. The main thing is, I really enjoy reading your blog - keep it up, and I hope things will look up for you. Love ya!

M3MU said...

I agree with your friend, its good that you share your feelings and talk openly about it. One thing I've noticed is how hushed too many people are about these situations. Fertility issues are so common and yet nobody has the balls to discuss it. I'd be willing to bet people are just uncomfortable because they haven't encountered it before. So thank you for being open enough to talk about it. Its helped me be more open with my own infertility battles. Btw, I set my blog to private, email me your email if you want an invite. :-)
Marenhlee@yahoo.com

kathy said...

I, for one, enjoy your blog. I am one of those people who just can't keep her yap shut if I feel like something needs to be said, so I certainly have no problem with you doing it, too. Life ain't a bed of roses, and those who make theirs sound like it is are lying. But parts of it are really good! My sister-in-law was going through infertility issues while I was having my kids, and I felt so guilty every time I'd get pregnant. At one point I actually considered just giving her one of my kids. It was unbelievably hard on her. They gave up after 12 years (never found a problem with either of them) and adopted 3 kids. Then, just to add insult to injury, my loser brother got another woman pregnant, left his wife and three kids, and went off to live happily ever after with his "real" child. Okay, this has nothing to do with you, but in some way I'm just trying to let you know that I'm pulling for you to you to succeed and be able to live your own fairy tale, whether it's as a family of 2, a family created through adoption, or a family of your own making. Just stick together, no matter what! Wow, you've certainly inspired some long comments this time around!

Blaneysmurf said...

Cass-
Keep speaking your mind and saying what you think, maybe if others would do the same they would not feel they are walking on eggshells. I love you, every part of you including the hard times.