Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Kansas City and Sister Week


Hello all, I know that I have been MIA for a while now. Life has it's lazy river days followed by the spring run off. This summer has quickly turned into a battle to keep my head above water. Now that I'm definitely in my program, it's time for us to once again get things ready to move. I've been married for 6.5 years and this will be our fifth time moving. I hate moving. As sad as it sounds, I can't wait until the day I am locked into a mortgage. This move will be our biggest headache yet because 60 lbs dogs and apartment complexes do not get along very well.
Our car has been having a minor breakdown. It really wasn't a big deal but it was one of those days when something small feels like a piece of sand caught between your toes.
The cherry on top goes to my awesome neighbor who apparently clogged his toilet, letting it run while he went to work, and did not mention it to anyone. In the morning we saw a small puddle in our downstairs bathroom. We told the apartment manager and went apartment hunting. By the time we got home, a third of our living room and part of the kitchen was saturated with yucky neighbor toilet water. The manager finally came over and drilled holes in the walls looking for an inner leak. After about an hour the neighbor fessed up. Good thing we're moving right?

As for other life news...
Adam went to Kansas City for the high school debate nationals. He had a lot of fun and is still head over heels in love with his job.



During that week I convinced my little sister and her beautiful babies to come visit me. We went to the train station and multiple playgrounds. That is pretty much the shiz if you're 3 years old. I also thought it would be fun to throw a large mirror down the stairs. Hopefully there is no truth to that 7 years bad luck legend. As always, I have provided beaucoup de pics. Enjoy.




1 comment:

Bronda Bailey said...

That is one benefit to renting, someone else has to clean up the mess. Good luck with the apartment hunting and let us know if we can help with the move. We'll do anything we can to help.