Friday, August 26, 2011

The Curse of the Bear Lake Monster



For the last weekend of summer, we all piled into our cars and headed through the beautiful mountains to the cursed lake. Why is it cursed you may ask.I'm not sure but I'm blaming the monster. Every time Adam and I have been to Bear Lake since getting married something bad has happened. I had a sail from a sail boat fall and hit me in the head. Another time we lost Paco's date to the middle of the lake where another boat broke down. We have gotten in fights over kites and had partially raw hobo dinners. This time was by far the worst.




The lake was beautiful and very thing was perfect. We played hard until we were famished. After a great debate as to where to eat we settled on The Little Trapper's Bear Lake Steak House. We gave them our name and ran to buy chocolate during our 20 minute wait. We returned starving and were told they were just setting up our table. An hour later we watched them seat a group of five who had been waiting for 10 minutes. We finally got a table and the food was not worth the ridiculous wait or the price. We headed home. The minute we drove into town our car completely died. We are so blessed that we were protected and made it home. Adam's brother looked at our car and thought it was the fuel pump. We replaced that and the car still wouldn't start. After looking further under the hood we found that we need to replace the entire engine. The car has had it maintenance and has never overheated. There is no reason a engine in our 2006 car should just die. This puts us deep in the hole financially.
A week later we were driving Noah to daycare and my car suddenly started smelling like vomit. We just thought it had something to do with small towns. The smell didn't go away. It kept getting worst. I thought I was going crazy and frantically searched the car for something that could cause such a horrific smell. And the we found IT. It was like that episode of The Office when Micheal finds the thing in his office. Well, I had put a half eaten sandwich in the cooler and forgot about it. The sandwich had taken its liquid form and when we had turned onto the highway the cooler tipped over and spilled the soup all over the trunk. It had to rip the carpet part out to get rid of the smell. So there you have it, Bear Lake Sucks!!!

1 comment:

Michael and Morgan said...

I am glad that you guys got to have a little vaca, but that sucks about your car :( we have had so many car problems since we got married so we understand that whole being broke because of a car. Hopefully things only go up from here for you though :) p.s. Noah gets cuter and cuter everytime I see pictures!