Thursday, March 1, 2012

Making Friends When You Are An Adult



Something that Adam and I have talked about over the last few years is the fact that people grow out of having a social life. The late 20s, early 30s is a hard time of life socially. Some people are married, some are not. Some people have kids, some do not. Some people are still in college and some are trying to build a career. It creates a snow globe where everyone doesn't mesh quite right. The most noticeable thing we've noticed is that people just slowly disappear. It's as if they just grow out of having a social life. I respect that, you have your reasons. However that is not what I want for my life. I feel that having a social life is good for the soul, good for my soul. So we are on the prowl on our way to growing our friendship circle. The problem is how do we go about doing that in the adult world? I feel like I'm dating all over again.


1 comment:

Jen Jarrett said...

LoL. This is a great post. Totally honest and completely true!!! Mike and I will double with you and Adam if you want to some time. We can have a game night!!! P.S. I am still totally up for baby sitting if you ver need me!

Oh!!! We could even have a Parenthood/game night!

Oh wait, I have tons of ideas, we could even get a group of couples and rotate houses every month for dinner nd have an ngredient of the month like n that chef show. Everyone brings something with ------- in it :0)

I need friends too obviously lol.