I think it's funny that when holidays fall on the Sabbath, no one can decide which day we should celebrate. I always figured that we would move things to Saturday. However, I heard that fireworks were being shown on Friday, Saturday, and Monday. Kind of weird but who's complaining, we all could use a little more down time right?
This Independence Day was not the greatest. Luckily for me, I married one of the sweetest men in the world. The baby drama has been kicking me in the butt lately. Everywhere I go I run into pregnant women. Their baby bumps are a giant reminder that I am infertile and my dreams of having a kid feel more impossible. I know that a lot of you don't understand how something so small can ruin your day so I'll explain it in a different way. It's like when you get dumped by the "perfect" guy and then you go to a movie and there is a couple in front of you being super disgustingly cutesy. He's rubbing her back, she's stroking his arm,and their sharing a drink. He leans in to kiss her and it's not one of those gross make-out sessions but something that resembles the perfect kiss that you see in the movies. You act like your annoyed but deep inside you wish with all your heart that could be you. It hurts so much that you find it hard to breath. Being infertile feels like living that day over and over again. Every month is a heartbreaking set back.
We always go to the fireworks in Adam's hometown but I didn't want to endure the family news pertaining to the latest ultrasound. I spent a good two hours balling my eyes out when Adam surprised me with our personal drive-in movie. It's amazing what a few rubber bands and an I Pod can do. Like always, my best friend saved the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment