I am always amazed when I hear people complain that once you turn 30 you are old. If 30 is old is 50 dead? Sadly with the obesity trends 50 could be the new 70. However, that's a topic for another day. My point is that there are only a select number of times I participate in the shameless verbal bashing of my elders in regards to age. My husband's birthday is one of those choice occasions. My husband is four years older than me so for the rest of our life he will always be the old guy. I will continue to rub that in ecstatically forever.
I wanted this birthday to be memorable because 30 is a big deal. I would have loved to take him somewhere as awesome as Rome but being that we are both struggling to make it through school and surviving on a teachers salary, we settled for San Diego.
Here is the picture run down of our trip along with random thoughts I want to remember...
Old Town San Diego
*Adam decided that he had to order a burrito so hot he had to sign a waiver before eating it. He took on bite and started crying.
Zoo
*Seriously amazing!!! I love zoos in general. This one is so much cooler than any I've been to. We got to see monkeys doing it and with my juvenile sense of humor, I found it hilarious.
The Mexican border
No comments:
Post a Comment